Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Bandages and Scars

So just a quick post as I realized I forgot to publish my post about removing his bandages.

Bandages Off!!


Monday night was one week from his surgery and per the discharge instructions I removed Benjamin's bandages. Let me just say this, those suckers are stuck on so tight. The glue is impossible to get off. I ended up using vaseline but that was after trying rubbing alcohol, baby shampoo, and olive oil (per online group recommendations). It's finally off and not sticky! 

Close up of the stitches.


The stitches don't look too too bad. It's about three inches long and runs along his forehead. They are dissolvable and go away in three to four weeks after surgery. It doesn't seem to phase him at all even as it heals. The stitches are right at the hair line (in fact the Neurosurgeon gave him his first haircut and you can see with the bandages off exactly where). 

Monday, I gave him a bath too just can't get his head wet yet so not too bad. And while the helmet annoys him it doesn't seem to have any affect on his stitches at all and he's not trying to touch his face or showing any other signs of irritation. Certainly by his teen years it will be hardly noticeable. Especially in the 90th percentile for height I'm sure no one will see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment